many many times! all I used to fish in ponds and rivers. now use a yak. But still have the tube
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by JBL
I'll also say the "sit in" style are dangerous. You have your legs through a couple of cutouts and, people have drowned using them. I can see how too. It's an outdated style these days. The "sit on top" style is the way to go. Your legs are dangling free and it's like you are sitting in a chair. Those are very safe if you have a pdf. They're easier to fish out of and get in and out of.

How would one of these work for fishing a central AL creek? I'm talking about the size creek that doesn't have enough water in the summer to float a boat or canoe, but has enough deep holes that wading it becomes really difficult for an old man. Would it work ok to ride the float and fish through the deeper water, and then get out and wade and drag it along in the shallow water and shoals?

been fishing out of an 11'6" SOT Lifetime Yukon yak last 1/2 doz trips. Love it. floats in ankle deep water. smallies on fly rod, ~4 lb smallie and 7-8 lb cat. And ton of very large bream - all in creeks and rivers under 50-75' across. My go to fishing now.