Originally Posted by hallb
I had a JD 3032e, loader 4x4 - which I think is a pretty standard config for this model. I sold it to my neighbor in order to get something bigger. The day after I sold it, I was wishing I still had it - even though I knew I also needed something bigger. It was a great tractor, hydrostatic made it easy to do whatever you needed in small/tight areas. It handled 5ft implements with no problem. The only downside was the lifting capacity of the loader - which for most scenarios, that could be worked around.

I ended up buying a JD 5055e which has been a great tractor, but there's still times I wish I had that smaller one to just hop on and go do the things I needed.

In the JD 3xxxe series line - 3025, 3032 and 3038 - pretty sure the actual tractors are all the same size - just different horsepower. From what you described, I'd look for a used 3038e. You can usually find someone selling doing like what I was - upgrading and selling with a few implements for a really good deal.

I got the 3032e for around the house and the 5055e for the farm. Both are great tractors, but I couldn't ise the 5055 around the house. It would tear everything up!