Originally Posted By: Hogwild
So, just how much luck have YOU had growing corn and soybeans in 1/1-3/4 acre plots that are common most all of the Timber Co. leases?

Or, do you only propose that landowners themselves should have that right?

I do have a large field here at the house that I plant soybeans in. And they LOVE them! But, I haven't shot a deer here in years!

Reasearch, research, research and find ag products that will grow in what area that a person has rights and access to. A few minutes away from www.aldeer.com and searching the world wide web or local coop will provide many answers.

If you have rights from the landowner then by all means utilize it to it's fullest potential, if not deal with it by understanding the limitations or move on to some property that will allow it. I personally do not have the luxury of owning my own hunting land nor do I have the luxury of planting foodplots on the private land that I am fortunate enough to hunt. As a side bar, I also hunt public land on occassion and occassionally like this year was fortunate enough to kill deer on both private and public land.

I commend your efforts on planting the fields around your house and hope you will continue to do so.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope