Originally Posted by ikillbux
For the record (based off this whole page since I made remarks on the previous page), if you want to own an Apache chopper and stockpile an arsenal of AR-15s, you have my 100% support. I'll even walk arm in arm with you to D.C. and support your weird right to have it.

I can't think of any other show on The Outdoor Channel that is more "gooberish" to me than American Rifleman. Oh...my...stars.... seriously, these total nerds who are walking-talking encyclopedias about historical guns and gun makers and patents and every nuanced niche about guns I've never heard of. I swear I think two guys are going to rub each others legs talking about the "WW1 Russian Mauser series IV blah blah blah". "That's right Jim, when Hans Vonshedbrick drew the trigger guard design for the M-1 X 78964.2mm Grenada, he couldn't have known his design would change guns forever!" And I"m like wut tha???? Sigh.

Oh, nevermind, I did think of a more gooberish show....that stupid "self defense" show. Seriously, are those folks not socially awkward and weird to y'all??????????

What in the crap do either of those shows have to do with "outdoors"??? There's no connection with hunting/fishing and being a weirdo gun-fanatic.

Your ignorance is bewildering.

What exactly is a normal hunting rifle? Or caliber, for that matter ? 30-06? 308?

I hate to burst your bubble, but those rounds were designed specifically for military applications. They were adopted by sportsmen, just like that bolt action rifle you’re toting. You guessed it, military rifle. The Winchester 70 and Remington 700 have both served our troops. Bolt actions, lever actions, even flintlocks were all at one time the cutting edge in military firepower. You must just like military rifles.

The AR 15, on the other hand, have never been weapons of war. They are nothing more than semi auto rifles. Same as a Browning BAR.

Why do ppl like them? They are modular, low recoiling, reliable, extremely easy to maintain( yes easier than your trusty bolt rifle) and quick handling with great ergonomics. But why would anybody want a rifle like that?

As far as your theory of “gun nuts” goes. What’s really stranger? Someone who enjoys shooting sports (action shooting, long range shooting, or just plinking) ? Or someone who spends thousands of dollars on camo, optics, scents, calls, attractants and tree stands, then dedicates countless hours obsessing over the feeding, bedding, mating, and travel habits of a creature, only to get up at 3am and sit through the freezing cold to get a chance to ambush that defenseless animal from your high tech concealment?

Sounds like the latter is one tick off a psychopath killer to me... see how ridiculous your ideology is?

Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?