Originally Posted by ikillbux
A fascination with weaponry isn't normal....it may not signify a mass murderer, but I guarantee you mass murderers are fascinated with weaponry (and have no connection to outdoor sports).

Originally Posted by ikillbux
I am not into "guns", I am into hunting, and my interest in guns only goes insofar as a gun's performance for hunting. There's a big difference in me having a run-of-the-mill bolt action 30-06 with a scope that I deer hunt with (because I also own a bow, tons of camo, ATVs, 4wd trucks, treestands, hunting club membership, etc)

I think they are into guns for the same reason you are but y’all are just hunting different prey. Also, I think it is normal for many to be fascinated with weaponry. There’s entire tv channels, movies, magazines, etc dedicated to it. The same reason people go see the blue angels or go to a fireworks show. I think it’s normal for a lot of people to like things that go boom.

Back to what others have said about us not “standing a chance against the military”. First of all I could only imagine the mass defections that would take place in our all volunteer military if there ever was another civil war. Secondly, even assuming there wasn’t and the full weight of the US military was brought against we the people, (God Forbid!) to assume that tens of millions of citizens armed with AR-15’s couldn’t stand a chance would be to ignore much of history. There is lots of places you could look but why look any further than America’s current and longest war in history. Those cave dwellers in Afghanistan armed with little more than AK’s and RPG’s have proven to be quit the foe... and they only have a fraction of the numbers we have. Also, have any of y’all thought about what 3D printers could do and the almost endless possibilities that citizens could create.