Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Do you want me to take pics to show you?? Yes cool season crops can sprout now. Not saying they’ll survive but they’ll sprout. Now warm season seed laying oncool soil won’t. But seed can’t help sprout with warmth and water. No matter the season crop. They just won’t keep growing in hot dry July August weather

No, I’m good with it….like I said, I was just speculating on the reason…..It doesn’t bother me to be wrong when we’re just pondering over ideas and possibilities. If its not soil temps then its something else that’s having the effect because I grew off a chit load of crimson clover seed but I don’t think I have any clover or volunteer cereal grains growing right now…Come fall though I’ll have another thick crop of crimson clover sprout up just like its done for the last several years.. There’s something that’s causing or allowing the seed to sit there all summer until the conditions are right or the conditions change. In the past the only thing I could have done to effect it was mowing….This year I haven’t even done that. The change in conditions with my patch of clover when it suddenly sprouts in the fall is something environmental. I'm not disturbing the seed bank or doing anything to trigger the change. Temp just seems like the most likely trigger.

Last edited by CNC; 06/19/19 11:21 PM.

We dont rent pigs