Originally Posted by SuperSpike
My oldest is 5 and played 5yr old coach pitch. He did quite well, considering hes 50/50 that he even wants to play. He has really good games, and then some that he couldn't care less if he plays or not. Until I know he's 100% baseball I'm not going to push anything on him. Most of his fundamentals so far came from us practicing in the back yard.

If you do start a team like your wanting, I hope your successful. The only advice I'd have to give you is be honest with yourself if its your son thats wanting to play that much, or you wanting him to play that much. I seen several talented ball players in high school simply walk away from the game when they were of age because they were just sick of it from being pushed down their throats for so many years.

If he came to me today and said dad i dont want to play anymore for a while then i would tell him to go out side and play and have fun. this boy lives and breathes baseball. he has even asked if i could get Freddie Freeman to let him come to ATL and hit and throw with him. i am not pushing anything.

Turkey’s tell you when they want to die not lawmakers.