Originally Posted by Groundhawg
Originally Posted by bhammedic84
Originally Posted by FastXD
The problem with rec ball is you have 2-4 kids that want to be there and want to get better but you have 8-10 that are there because mom and dad want a babysitter and or to get their kid off video games. This is all great for everyone but the kids that want to do better. As a coach you spend all of your time trying to make the 8-10 kids better that could care less and very little time with the kids that want to do better. I will agree the travel teams now days are watered down with kids that are average or below. If you do decide to do travel ball do your research and find a good team with good coaches that don't over do it because there are a lot of them that will play every weekend. If these parks would do a competitive league it would make the travel ball not needed at the younger ages but they don't want to hurt any feelings. This is my opinion as I have lived it with two boys and wished I would have started my oldest in travel ball at a sooner age. Is it expensive? YES but I wouldn't trade the time, friendships and memories for anything. And like others said coach them yourself but make sure the kids have fun at that age

This is exactly what I mean. And for the ones says teach him myself well I do every day I get. My work schedule will not allow me to be a COACH but I can assist when my schedule allows. As far as pushing my son too hard that I do not I asked him if he wants to practice if he says yes we practice if he says no we don't is his decision when we start practicing when he gets ready to stop we stop no questions asked. he and one other on the All-Star team actually want to be there and learn the others play in the dirt pick flowers kick dirt on the basis what not it makes it very tough for the two that want to learn to learn and for the one saying that my son doesn't know what he wants just ask him

Last night they got beat 28 to 4 and they are the All-Star team. LOL You want them to take on better teams? You can assist, now, do you, or is it just easier to complain?

I do assist but when the head coach has too much pride to listen to input then that's an issue.not wanting the entire team that is now the All-Star team to play travel ball there are other individuals who have spoke interest in a possible travel ball team tryouts would be held the team would be handpicked if we decide to go that route

Turkey’s tell you when they want to die not lawmakers.