The problem with rec ball is you have 2-4 kids that want to be there and want to get better but you have 8-10 that are there because mom and dad want a babysitter and or to get their kid off video games. This is all great for everyone but the kids that want to do better. As a coach you spend all of your time trying to make the 8-10 kids better that could care less and very little time with the kids that want to do better. I will agree the travel teams now days are watered down with kids that are average or below. If you do decide to do travel ball do your research and find a good team with good coaches that don't over do it because there are a lot of them that will play every weekend. If these parks would do a competitive league it would make the travel ball not needed at the younger ages but they don't want to hurt any feelings. This is my opinion as I have lived it with two boys and wished I would have started my oldest in travel ball at a sooner age. Is it expensive? YES but I wouldn't trade the time, friendships and memories for anything. And like others said coach them yourself but make sure the kids have fun at that age

Last edited by FastXD; 06/15/19 09:04 AM.