Originally Posted by Ben2

I would like to be on a shocking boat and see what happens.

I've been on one here at Guntersville with the TVA guys. This was 20ish years ago, and they let two anglers fish an hour before they started the shocking. If you know the lake, they used a giant block net on the King Hollow cove on 227 that goes to the state park from the city. It's where the boat ramp is there right after you cross the bridge.

Donny Mac and I fished in there for an hour - spinnerbaits, jigs, worms, shallow cranks, tubes, anything we could think of to try to catch a 12-incher. Didn't get a bite. We stayed the last 20 minutes on one big dead pine tree that had fallen off the bank, tossing plastics and jigs.

The first run by the TVA guys, I think the shocked up and netted almost 70 fish including a couple of 6-plus pounders. The fish that rolled up off that dead tree shocked the heck out of us. Not just bass, either. Baitfish, bluegills, rough fish and cats were in there.

The TVA guys got length-girth, clipped a fin and put them in one of the holding tanks. They made two more trips around the cove before I left and had info on I think almost 200 fish.

It was quite illuminating. Anyone who ever gets a chance to go in a shocking boat, do it.

But, even the TVA guys couldn't catch an 8-pounder. laugh

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020