Originally Posted by ronfromramer
Originally Posted by hallb
Are you all keeping the bluegills on these smaller bodies of water or catch and release? We don't allow keeping of bluegills/bream on our 26 acre pond.

That's a good way to ruin a good bream pond by overpopulation. I am speaking from experience

We don't have a bream pond, we have a bass pond stocked with F1 Tiger bass. Also have put shad in, but need to do another load next year. The pond gets shocked and that's how the guidance for managing the pond gets set - I guess I thought my comment about "American Sportfish's guidance" was a giveaway that we weren't just blindly making that decision, guess I should have been more clear. I didn't ask my question to be controversial or start some great debate. I would have been surprised if he had said these folks were letting them keep all of these bluegill he's catching, b/c I have never heard of a private pond that's properly managed for BASS where they were told it was a OK to keep a whole bunch of bluegill. Now maybe if a pond was never properly stocked from scratch or had been neglected, sure, I can see how that would be different...and of course, every body of water is different from the next.