Originally Posted by Rmart30
Originally Posted by Hix14
Originally Posted by Sasquatch Lives
Think your deer are nocturnal now, wait until you start baiting!

Maybe it's not the "baiting" per say, but all of the traffic in and out of the bait sites refilling the buckets, checking cameras, etc. That's what will turn the mature bucks even more nocturnal. A food plot is a little different. You plant, it rains and the plot grows. It continues to grow all season no matter how hard it gets pounded. Rarely is there a need to be walking around a plot during season, so it stands to reason a plot will have much less traffic than a bait site. My 2 cents.

I agree. Traffic in and out of areas will increase. It will turn the deer more nocturnal without a doubt.
The club I am in as of now has decided it will not be buying any feeders or corn. We did a quick rough estimate of purchasing 50 feeders with holding 4 bags of corn per feeder and filling them 4 times during season and it was like $10k. Most clubs dont run a surplus of funds and I have yet to hear the first person not just in this club but anywhere online, in person or at all say they want their dues to go up to pay for corn and feeders.
The club will allow members to put up their own feeders and buy their own corn if they wish.
We are taking bets how long it takes before we hear "someone is hunting my feeder" complaints to start coming in.

That plan puts you ahead of schedule for being on the "Florida club" plan.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?