Originally Posted by ikillbux
I'm just curious to hear your viewpoint, and what you do. I've expressed on here before that my mental-block for a tournament has nothing to do with the tournament or other fishermen, but rather it's what to do once the pleasure boats get out. My instinct is to go deep, but even then you often have a problem with no current generation on Saturdays. For example, we have a derby on Neely Henry this Saturday, it's going to be Memorial weekend, sunny and mid-90's, there will be 800-gajillion pontoons, ski/wake boats, jet skis, kids jumping off piers and so forth going round and round and round and round, up and down, back and forth, zig and zag, lathering the water and muddying up the banks. Somehow, some day, I've got to overcome this block to ever go to the next level.

Summer fishing sucks for these reasons but it's something to have to deal with.

Unless you can find some kind of offshore spots to crank or throw a jig and worm, I'd probably get in a creek and go as far up as absolutely possible. I'd have a 7-inch worm or tube and a black-blue jig tied on, maybe a frog if you find pads or slime or something, and just pick it apart until it's time to head in. Methodical can be boring but it may pay off.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020