Originally Posted by therealhojo

May I ask a question on the not seeing deer? What is that definition and time line? Is that not seeing any for 1 hunt, 5 hunts, 1 season? The reason I ask, and I don't think it's just kids. The society and mental state we are now is just move to the next thing. I can show you with stats that viewership time spent on videos on FB and Youtube are lower, Why? Because of the adds put in that we have no control over. When the add pops up it's clicked to the next video. I do it. I know everyone else does it. Is it the same with hunting? I don't know that answer, but I would guess yes.

Yes. There's an attitude of and need for immediate gratification and when it doesn't happen, it's someone else's fault.

"I planted all this! I bought (or leased) this land! I paid all this money! I want to see an ungodly amount of deer like "the good old days" and big bucks and they're not here!"

And then it's one of several things, often including:

THE STATE HAS SCREWED ME.

MAH NABORS SHOOT-BAIT E'RRYTHING.

THE DEER ARE NOCTURNAL!

Upward Deer Hunting ... lol. True for a lot of people, though.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020