Originally Posted by ALclearcut
15 bucks is no big deal for the in state baiting permit (although I still think it is a ridiculous money/power grab by the state). I'm in the 1% of people affected here, but the $50 out of state permit is ridiculous. I paid big money for a lifetime hunting and fishing license when I lived in AL, and now that I'm a FL resident I can't hunt anywhere in AL there is bait without forking over 50 bucks a season. Makes the lifetime license seem pointless and nearly a broken promise if I paid all that money and still can't hunt at a friend's place if they have bait. There ought to be a baiting permit exception for lifetime license holders. The whole point of the lifetime license was to pay for everything you needed to hunt in a one time fee and never worry about it again the rest of your life. When I bought that lifetime license it covered any form of hunting without exception. Now they are adding an exception. What is next? A "deer tag" that isn't included in your lifetime license with a $150 out of state fee?

My point exactly last week about the "It's just a minor inconvenience" crowd.

This affects a lot of folks in different ways. Lifetime owners now have to fork over more money in some situations. Non-residents like ALclearcut who have a lifetime license now have to fork over $50. And for anyone who says "You don't HAVE to do it," y'all know that's f'king bullcrap. People will quit hunting because of this OR they'll pay the money, and then in another few years it'll increase to $25 and $65 or whatever. Why? Because they can. And because y'all are frogs in the pot of water on the stove with the temperature being turned up bit by bit.

As Fred said, ten bucks ain't much until it is. When $51 becomes $153 or $204 for a non-resident dad and kids, he may rethink hunting here.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020