Originally Posted by ronfromramer
Seems like much ado about nothing to me. An out of stater in a decent club is already spending several thousand dollars on gear, club dues, travel, etc. and $36 is a deal breaker? No comprende amigo. I wasn't in the pro baiting camp but I'll get the permit to avoid potential problems with green jeans, seems like a no brainer to me but what do I know? None of my business what people in other clubs anyway if it doesn't affect me

It's not the extra 36 bucks an out of state hunter pays that concerns me. It's the broken promise that came with paying $700 something bucks for a lifetime license. When I bought that license it came with a lifetime of hunting privileges by any legal means with no exceptions. That was part of why you pay all that money upfront with no possible refund. You pay a lot upfront to have the peace of mind of knowing no matter what laws they change or how much they raise license fees in the future, you can always hunt in Alabama. This baiting bill for lifetime license holders is equivalent to if you bought a PACT program for your kid's college, but then the state later decided that the PACT program wouldn't pay for a class if that class didn't exist when you bought the program. It goes completely against the concept of a lifetime license. Florida makes you buy a deer permit in addition to a hunting license, but this does not apply if you have a lifetime license for the same reason I just mentioned. A lifetime license should include everything you need to hunt by any legal means.