Originally Posted by Remington270
Originally Posted by ALclearcut
Makes the lifetime license seem pointless and nearly a broken promise if I paid all that money and still can't hunt at a friend's place if they have bait. There ought to be a baiting permit exception for lifetime license holders.

If someone would challenge it in court, I'm pretty certain they'd win. Lifetime license entitles you to a lifetime of hunting privileges. It's really that simple. And bait licenses weren't around and extra cost when we bought our lifetime licenses.

And that would be the state's argument as well. I couldn't bait at all when I bought the lifetime license, so now baiting is an added privilege you have to pay more for. But I would contend that is a slippery slope they have now begun. Like I said, next it may be deer tags that cost extra, then maybe an extra week of gun season in February if you pay more etc. It could go on and on until the lifetime license becomes nearly worthless. And it is especially costly and burdensome for out of state hunters who have a lifetime license since they are charging us nearly 4x more. It's like buying a summer long pass to a water park, but then they open a new slide and tell you that particular slide isn't included in the summer pass.