Thanks Hogwild, I am a responsible and well-meaning person.

If someone were to go back over the last 10 years or so of my postings here on aldeer, they would see that I am more interested in "mature" bucks and have explained the difference b/w QDM and TDM (trophy deer mgmt).

When a non-restrictive or non-selective hunter wants to discredit another hunter for his support of QDM and responsible deer harvest, the QDM hunter gets labeled as only interested in "Trophy" bucks.

I am just interested in "responsible" harvest of all wildlife.

This means killing does "if you need to" based on responsible data collection and the same goes for bucks.

Yes, I am well aware of yotes and predation and hunter observation and data collection could play a role in deer harvest and I realize locations differ.

If you would like to shoot some immature bucks off your property, by all means, do it. However, these immature bucks, if they exists, are easy to kill and you risk having an unbalanced sex ratio if you kill too many immature bucks and don't kill any does.

I support a balanced sex ratio with a balanced age structure and a "to capacity" deer herd.

I have the desire to be the best game mgr I can be, and I have the desire to seek out the best available information and that is what I practice in deer mgt AND I HAVE NEVER claimed to practiced TDM. I would jump up and down with joy with a 5.5 yr old 5 pt or a mature doe.

That's what I practice and I guess the bottom line which some hunters don't like is the restrictive "quantity" killing of bucks.

I am proud to say that if you want unrestricted deer harvest, you will need to convince thousands of hunters and many states.

I support QDM, and I am not alone.

Last edited by Bucktrot; 02/07/12 08:17 PM.