Originally Posted by jrs89
Looks awesome man!! I love Four Roses! It’s beautiful up y’all way! We ride up to Little River Canyon all the time!!

Thanks man and it is awesome up there. It is an underappreciated state treasure. You would be surprised how many Alabama residents I have talked to about Little River Canyon and how many don't even know the place exists. (Which is fine with us.)

Since we have already started commuting up there on Thursday or Friday afternoon and commuting back on Morning she and I have started discussing how we could just move up there full time and sell the house in Trussville. It would add about 12 hours a week to our commute, but we could car pool and keep an extra car in Birmingham somewhere so once we got here, we could split up and go to our separate offices. Just something we are thinking about to see how we could make it work.

We figure, if we sold our house we could save about $2k a month in expenses, plus bank all the equity we have in the house, which would be a substantial amount, especially in this "sellers" housing market.