Originally Posted by bayouturkey
Originally Posted by Johnal3
Originally Posted by bayouturkey
What I can't figure out are grown men jacking their rods over these youtube channels. I guess I hunt for purely personal reasons, and don't care to broadcast it all over social media.

It’s just personal preference bud. I enjoy the shows because I might get to hunt once a week and live “vicariously” through people that get to do it more than me and capture it on film.
Honestly, it sounds like you’re jacking your rod saying you know it all and can’t learn anything else, could do it better, and don’t want to share any of your “super duper” boar Tom killin secrets. But that’s just my opinion.

You could not be further off base. I’m far from knowing it all. And don’t have any “super duper” secrets.
I’m simply a guy who loves to turkey hunt and can’t stand the effects of social media on hunting.

That makes more sense to me. I don’t like the way most hunting has gone either. Some of the guys mentioned above just do things like I do, so I enjoy watching it. I don’t watch anyone sitting on a field with decoy out and texting on their phone. I don’t do that, and don’t enjoy seeing it. I also don’t want my kids growing up hunting that way. It’s just not the same as back when....

Originally Posted by BPS
This is Aldeer! The place people come to vent their frustrations and completely change their stance a few minutes later... grin