Originally Posted by Johnal3
Originally Posted by Rebelman
Originally Posted by scrubbuck
I used 2x6 treated deck boards 10 years ago when I built my house. It's under covered porch. All the ones around outer 3 feet or so have rotted. May have been the batch I got, but the centers rotted completely out. Treatment looks like it was dipped rather than pressure treated.
I know of a lot of 5/4 that has lasted a lot longer under more harsh conditions.

The treatment 10 years ago had a lot of failures. They have gone back to ground treating everything and it is making a difference in longevity.

I don’t think they’re “ground treating” everything, but yellowwood had a ton of issues back in those days for sure. We can thank the EPA and all the “green” tree hugger typea for that.

Yes they did and I have a brand new deck because of it. I built the first one and I built this one. The lumber was free the 2nd time. It took me almost a year to get the guy out here to look at it though. I'm not sure if that's his fault or the guy at the lumber company.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14