Originally Posted by Frankie
Originally Posted by poorcountrypreacher
Originally Posted by Frankie
The will blow up . I fired off a JD 6030 one morning and I was proud there was a 1/4 inch steel plate between it and my foot . 6 volt went boom real good lol

I've had 2 batteries blow up on me. One was a marine battery that blew up during the night while it was being charged. It was inside a building, so I guess the fumes accumulated and it somehow got a spark.

The other time was on a JD diesel tractor. I had been running it all morning and shut it down to eat lunch. It had been shut down about 5 minutes when I heard it go off. I thought someone had fired a shotgun, and it took me a minute to realize what happened. I have no idea what caused it.

Sparks can blow up a battery for sure. I have heard of a bad connection jumping a vehicle causing a spark and explosion.

Lol that 6 volt blew all to hell too . It was a 12 volt system using two 6 volts batteries . I hit the switch and it went off.

High demand x low voltage = high amperage (resulting in brighter sparkles)

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.