carterjv,
Quote:
QDMA does have many reputable Biologist, it's you that does not wish to agree and that is perfectly fine, but using your argument, stick to the facts, we here do NOT have the ability to change what you want changed.

I personally promoted buck limits, called who I needed etc... it's your right to promote a liberal buck season, go and express yourself at the CAB meetings

I don't care to address a committee of the executive branch composed of hand picked members who have their minds made up before I get there. All my attempts to meet with the members who represent my district (Dobbs and Moultrie) have been unscuccessful. My contacts to the governor's office have been referred to the Commissioner's office. The Commissioner now refers my questions to the Department's attorney William Gunter.

I prefer to address our legislators who have allowed this group to assume legislative functions in spite of our constitutional provisions against it.

Constitution of Alabama 1901
Quote:
SECTION 42
Legislative, executive and judicial departments established.

The powers of the government of the State of Alabama shall be divided into three distinct departments, each of which shall be confided to a separate body of magistracy, to wit: Those which are legislative, to one; those which are executive, to another; and those which are judicial, to another.

Quote:
SECTION 43

Separation of powers.

In the government of this state, except in the instances in this Constitution hereinafter expressly directed or permitted, the legislative department shall never exercise the executive and judicial powers, or either of them; the executive shall never exercise the legislative and judicial powers, or either of them; the judicial shall never exercise the legislative and executive powers, or either of them; to the end that it may be a government of laws and not of men.
(emphasis added)

We are seeing the results of a body of the governor's appointees being given the power to write rules that have the effect of law and then enforce their own rules. Then they act beyond their delegated authority and make up whatever rules they desire. That's a violation of the principle of "separation of powers" found in our constitutions and our legislators need to put a stop to it.

The AAPA was was written to provide legislative oversight of theses groups and then the DCNR was even excluded from it in matters related to seasons and bag and creel limits. That resulted in a clear violation of our state's constitution.

The only place the DCNR is authorized to implement wildlife management rules is found in Section 9-11-300 of the Code of Alabama that applies to wildlife management areas controlled by the state. If you don't think I have been in contact with our legislators, ask you representative if they have heard from me on this matter.

Here's you a link to an opinion I submitted to the Tuscaloosa News to read as well:
Opinion in Tuscaloosa News