Originally Posted by ikillbux
I fished a trail last year where I was paired with a guy I didn't know (he was my non-boater). Fit the stereotype perfectly rofl First day we fished together (it was February at Wedowee, clear deep rocky lake) we start off along a bank and I'm throwing a fairly lightweight spinning combo and a #6 Shad Rap. He's throwing a $400 St Croix pool-cue with a freakin' black-blue jig the size of my hat!!!! His words, "Since you're more 'finessin' em', I'll throw this and go for the big bite." (I just rolled my eyes, clearly he's more macho than I am) After back-to-back HOGS choked that Shad Rap (and he made remarks about how he couldn't believe I got those fish in), and I reckon I had caught 7 or 8 fish total, he hadn't had a single bite, I saw him tie on a "KVD 2.5" (I don't even own one of those) and proceeded to still get his butt whooped the rest of the day. And I'll be dang, still wanted to run that cake eater about how "Yeah but if I get the 'right bite' on that jig...." That's what I mean. What the heck was "finessin' em" about that?????? What was his point?

His point was he couldn't believe you weren't a real man since you had "that" rod, line and bait. Despite getting his ass whipped all day by you he would rather go down with the ship than admit he was wrong or pick up a spinning rod.

That's being a dumbass. It's not being stubborn, or having confidence waitin' on his "big bite." It's merely being an egotistical dumbass.

I know plenty of guys who have fished tournaments who said they'd rather zero than "have to use that fairy stick." REALLY? You paid money to get into the tournament but would rather go home with an ass-kicking than to learn how to use another tool and improve your abilities and results? That's stupid.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020