Originally Posted by FurFlyin
Wiley you can either install an app or something on your phone so any alert will sound over your phone. The sirens weren't going off when it came through Douglas.

I've been looking at a couple of warning apps. Probably go ahead with one of them.

Seems like the warning siren system is offline as much as it works and for the life of me I don't understand that. Being in telecom all my life and dealing with circuits I've dealt with everything from simple modems to a ring down red phone with no dial on it that rings in the Pentagon when the handset is picked up. I just have a hard time understanding why they don't always work and/or what the common issue is. Is the system antiquated and hard to find experienced techs? If it works some times, what triggers the outages? Are the sirens radio connected or hardwired via telephone circuit?

I firmly believe that a double gallows should be constructed on the East Lawn of The White House. Politicians who willfully and shamelessly violate their oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America should be swiftly tried and, upon conviction, publicly hanged at sunup the day after conviction. If multiple convicts are to be hanged they can choose with whom to share the gallows or names shall be drawn from the hangman's hat to be hanged 2 at a time.

NRA Life Member