Originally Posted by StateLine
Hunterbuck...any updates on the new internet service?

I cannot give it a glowing recommendation THUS FAR.

Let me start from the beginning...

I called them to ask them a few questions before ordering. While on hold waiting for someone to answer (which in fairness, wasn't very long), they had this long recorded diatribe about how they don't put up with anyone being ugly to their customer service...which quite honestly made me throw up a red flag. If a company has this as their "on hold" recording, they get a lot of calls from angry customers was my thought.

So anyway, I talked to one of their Sales Associates, because I was curious about which wireless network they used for their internet. The lady I spoke with said they used a combination of AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint, so coverage shouldn't be an issue anywhere. I told her that's good, because while I use AT&T for my cell service, and it's really good and fast for my area, their data service is slow AT MY HOUSE. She said that wouldn't be a problem, because they use different frequencies than what the voice carriers use. Sounds legit, right?

So, I placed my order on the 14th of March. My estimated date to receive it (according to their website) was the 18th or 19th. I got an email saying they had some supply issues on the 19th, and it would be shipped as soon as they got some more. A week after it was supposed to arrive and didn't, I called to see what was going on. "Oh, we're having some supplier issues, and running behind getting the modems out" was the response I got. I was told then that they had gotten a shipment in earlier that day, but since there were 80 people ahead of me, it would be a little while longer. Well, why are you continuing to advertise that folks will receive their equipment within 5 working days on your website then?

Anyways, I received the equipment this past Wednesday, April 3rd (a couple of weeks after I was supposed to). Opened the box, and there was a set of instructions that said to read the instructions and do everything in the order it stated, or things could be messed up. Ok cool...I can do that.

Instructions state that you need to activate before plugging anything in. Went online per the instructions to request activation. The activation instructions clearly stated that your Modem ID# is on the back of your modem. It wasn't. Only a Sardistel sticker that was covering up all the AT&T information from the modem. AT&T modem, huh? So, I finally figured out that when they say that your Modem ID# is on the back of your modem, really means that your Modem ID# is on the back of the ROUTER instead of the modem, I was able to request activation.

Received my activation notice 20-30 minutes later. Great, they seem to really be on the ball, I thought. Set it all up per their instructions. Jumped right on the internet. Ran a speedtest....2mb/s down, 1.5mb/s up, which is exactly what I told the lady I got at my house with AT&T cellular service. Signed up for the 25/5 plan...so, not so good. But, they state in the setup paperwork that a small percentage of folks would experience slow speeds, and what to do in that case.

So, I did what they asked...set up the modem and router in 3 different spots in the house, run a speedtest, and take pics of the speedtest, modem lights, and modem location each time. Also, using an extension cord, do the same thing at 2 locations outside, as far away from the house as possible. I used a 100' extension cord, and got as far as it would let me both out back of the house, and in front of the house. Ran the speedtest, took the pics, etc. Sent all of that to SardisTel on Wednesday night and.....not a word from them since.

One thing is for certain...from listening to their "on hold" spiel, they don't want you to call them with problems. They'd rather handle everything electronically (email and customer portal on their website).

Needless to say, I'm not real impressed so far. But, I'm fair and patient and willing to give them a few days to get it right. Otherwise, I'll return it and get my money back. They do at least offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

I'll keep y'all updated with any further developments.

"You think I care? Roll Damn Tide"

Have you tried Google?