Now back to Bammer basketball. They can be an SEC contender and I think that’s all fans expect. The SEC overall has taken it up a notch in Basketball and I think you’ll see a lot of teams making bank on B-ball in the near future. AU, TN, ( Ark, when they decide to get it together) Mizzou, (see Arkansas) and Bama ( see Ark and Mizzou). Florida will be a contender if they halfway try but Basketball just doesn’t seem to be a draw there. Basketball makes $$ when you are good.
I grew up watching Bama in the late 70’s and 80’s. We didn’t drain resources at all and we’re still a contender year end and year out. Hell, Bama, UAB and USA were perennial powers at the same time for much of the 80’s. Someone needs to light a match the Coleman Coliseum, build a state of the Art 8,500 seat capacity with all the bells and whistles (see Auburn) go out and hire the best x’s and O’s coach (see Auburn) and make a run. If you can’t be one of the top 64 teams by March and have the resources of an Alabama, something is completely sideways. I’m not saying we are some kind of sleeping giant but top 64 and top 3-5 in the SEC should get you a 5-8 seed in the dance. Then you have a shot to make a run.

"I didn’t mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot him once in the head and two times in the chest. Him dying was between he and the Lord."
Legendary bluesman R.L. Burnside