OK guys... I took another vacation day today, and I'm already up here waiting on first light to cook some breakfast and get the crew of me, my brother, my nephew and later today Mrs. Irish all working together to finish this thing out.

It was just Mrs. Irish and I last weekend, but we worked our asses off...

Mrs. Irish grouted the kitchen tile
We got the fridge and range in
I finished up almost all the trim, which included all the upstairs door trim and baseboards.

... And we still found time to eat some great meals at two different friend's cabins (See the Aldeer buffet for those posts)

I got the stacked laundry center ordered this week and the giant piece of glass for the shower showed up. (Hopefully in one piece...)

This weekend we plan on:

Getting the siding on the upper back portion of the house after we ripped all the old stuff off to find the leaks.
Finishing the stair rail
Hook up the ice maker
Finish the trim at the top of the stair well and bathroom ceilings
Shelving installed in the closets
Install shower glass

Anyway... here's a few pics from last weekend:

Mrs. Irish the grouting master...

[Linked Image]

And the finished kitchen. i just need a few pieces of trim up at the top to finish it out, and that will get done this weekend... Oh... and I'm going to add some hanging shelves made out of the same Acadia butcher block as the counter tops. They will hand from the ceiling joists via some galvanized rods of something like that. I haven't figured it all out in my head yet.

[Linked Image]

I measured just right on the fridge. I had about 1/2" on either side to spare. It looks great there. It's a nice fridge for the money. I think we only spent about $1000 when it was on sale. I'm going to build a shelf up top for Mrs. Irish's cookbooks.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Irishguy; 03/22/19 06:31 AM.