Originally Posted by crenshawco
Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by Atoler
1338 birds total to be exact. Of course that’s assuming chucks 35% participation is correct. To break it down further, that would add about 20 longbeards per county. Let’s be optimistic and say 3/4 of them survive and no hunters take others after limiting out. After 3 years you’ve added 45 longbeards per county. That’s about as many as you will ever add because the older ones will die. With this format, perry county would have an additional longbeard per every 16 square miles. My guesstimating may be way off, but even if it improved the gobbler numbers twice what I’m thinking, it won’t make a crap worth of difference.

That's 1338 more than will survive this year so that's a good thing! Once population numbers recover they can always increase the limit

It's a good thing you are a good businessman because you dont understand turkey biology worth a flip

How is any of a non overpopulated species surviving not a positive toward the species health? Since you are going to teach me about biology let's break down what the negative impact on the Turkey population in the state will be by allowing 1500 male turkeys to survive? Will predator numbers increase due to an abundant food source? Will Turkey population numbers decrease? Will adult Male Turkey numbers decrease? Will predation on hen turkeys decrease as predation opportunities on Male turkeys increases with an additional 1500 male turkeys each year?