Originally Posted by crenshawco
Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by Atoler
1338 birds total to be exact. Of course that’s assuming chucks 35% participation is correct. To break it down further, that would add about 20 longbeards per county. Let’s be optimistic and say 3/4 of them survive and no hunters take others after limiting out. After 3 years you’ve added 45 longbeards per county. That’s about as many as you will ever add because the older ones will die. With this format, perry county would have an additional longbeard per every 16 square miles. My guesstimating may be way off, but even if it improved the gobbler numbers twice what I’m thinking, it won’t make a crap worth of difference.

That's 1338 more than will survive this year so that's a good thing! Once population numbers recover they can always increase the limit

It's a good thing you are a good businessman because you dont understand turkey biology worth a flip

I understand hearing gobblers. That's what we hunt, gobbling turkeys. If 1500 more survive a year those 1500 provide an opportunity for someone to hear them and hunt them the next year. I have hens with 0 polts every year, is that because they did not get bred or because a predator killed the little ones? I am not sure. What I do know is I like hearing turkeys gobble so anything that may equal more gobbling turkeys sounds good to me. I am not a good business man either I have simply been blessed beyond what I deserve
Originally Posted by turkey247
Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by Atoler
1338 birds total to be exact. Of course that’s assuming chucks 35% participation is correct. To break it down further, that would add about 20 longbeards per county. Let’s be optimistic and say 3/4 of them survive and no hunters take others after limiting out. After 3 years you’ve added 45 longbeards per county. That’s about as many as you will ever add because the older ones will die. With this format, perry county would have an additional longbeard per every 16 square miles. My guesstimating may be way off, but even if it improved the gobbler numbers twice what I’m thinking, it won’t make a crap worth of difference.

That's 1338 more than will survive this year so that's a good thing! Once population numbers recover they can always increase the limit

Yeah man that’s like thousands of eggs those gobblers could lay in their nest. Population explosion I say!!

Nah it's just 1500 more that could gobble or breed next year. Yall make this way to hard