I feel your pain killbux. Years ago I would hear birds gobbling over an hour before daylight. No such thing hardly anymore. If you were careful you could slip right up to them while it was dark. Killed many of them nearly as fast as their feet hit the ground. Also if no luck in one spot I just went 2 miles down the road & killed one at 7 or 8 am in another place. Have had a limit in less than a week many times. Those are good memories. Turkeys nor turkey hunting is anything like it was between 30 & 40 years ago. I admit it though, that I've had it good. I have always worked in the fields & the woods & have been able to keep up with the birds on a day by day basis & can go about anytime I get ready on any given day. Have also listened to some young stooges on public land riding the roads at daylight with truck pipes so loud a person could hear them from 3 counties away. They stop for a minute, owl hoot & then the truck thunder cranks right back up. They don't even give a bird time to gobble. Don't know how many I've killed an hour after these kids left because the birds wouldn't talk among the straight pipes. Not trying to be down on the young crowd but I just don't figure em out. I thought the idea in hunting-especially when it comes to turkeys-is to make human presence as undetectable as possible. One of the latest youngster rides have seen, besides the 200 decible pipes, had a crane hook on the hitch that no kidding had to have a 100 ton rating. It would had to have at least 3 just to put it on the truck- 2 to hold it up while one pinned it. This ain't turkey hunting material.