Originally Posted by GKelly
Originally Posted by tj in Bama
My 5×8 trailer doesn't have the identification plate anymore. I dont know the make or have the VIN number for it. Any suggestions on how I can get a vin or plate for it so I can register it?

no visual inspection required just make up a vin. I have never had a tag on a trailer and I have never had a ticket for it and I pull a trailer alot usually all hunting season and at least once a week in the summer. I've always heard you only need a tag if the trailer is being used for a commercial purpose. I'll just save my registration fee every year to pay the ticket if I ever get one.

Had to show em (Mobile County) my 6x12 i purchased last year, which i thought was strange because i didn't have to with my others (but that was years ago) but both places i called said to bring trailer with me. And The reason i have mine tagged is because the state got real money hungry (like always) several years back, and troopers were popping folks left and right including me, and i don't want to give em no reason to be pulling me over...

Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many!