Originally Posted by marshmud991
Originally Posted by centralala
Ok. But can it be enforced? Alabama has a lot of rules and regs that can't be enforced such as a 3 buck limit. Or should I say they are so easily avoided by those who choose to that it's like they don't even exists.

Just any other state with stricter rules and regs, they are for the honest hunters and not the outlaws. Comparing Alabama to other states is apples and oranges. I've met a lot of people since we started hunting there and most are some of the most honest people you can meet. But when it comes to hunting rules and regs they just throw that out the window and don't apply the rules and regs to themselves. I know that's the way they are and will always be. I've hunted all over the country and Alabama is the only place I've noticed this. As long as they do it on there own place and stay off ours, more power to them. I understand they don't like change but I see as no different then someone being a thief when you kill more than the limits allow. Most states have an ample supply of GWs and can enforce these changes and most honest people will work with the GWs to help catch the outlaws. Alabama kinda has their hands tied when it come to wildlife enforcement due to lack of agents. Our GWs do a great job on catching outlaws but we don't have near the number of hunters:GWs as Alabama does. I hope it works out for Florida.

This is a quote from the Alabama Hunting & Fishing Digest put out by the DCNR: "Violators don't stand a chance. Airplanes, boats, ATVs, trucks, radios, and officers stand at the ready to protect Alabama's natural resources." With the DCNR saying violators don't stand a chance as we are now, Alabama doesn't need anymore GWs. Of course I have a different opinion, but they should know.