Im new to boating too just like you . I ended up buying a little 2019 Tracker Pro 160 just to get the warranty and all like you, as I dont know anything about fixing a boat.

Its a Small aluminum boat, 2 seater. 40 HP engine. Nothing fancy or big but a good 2 person boat. It goes around 30 MPH but I drive it around 25 MPH usually unless hauling arse early in the am to get to a good spot.

If youre going to fish with 2 or 3 guys Id definitely go bigger to the size you mentioned. My boat does great for me, and me and one person. I really like it a lot. Been a LOT of fun and WELL WORTH the investment.

I went that size just so I could store it in my garage actually. I could of housed a Pro 170 too I guess, I wasnt sure when I bought it but I do have enough room.

With the carpet you really should keep it inside. So if storing outside Id go for the vinyl floors or spray in.

Id also invest the $ for a metal carport to protect your investment, with either carpet or vinyl floors. The sun will quickly deteriorate your boat seats and console I would think.

Good luck and I really like my Tracker. Hope you find yours as much fun. Its a lot of fun. Im actually cutting back hunting to be honest just so I can fish more ! thumbup