</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Lasermax Laser for LCP
by specialk. 06/09/24 08:09 PM
Marlin 1894 .357 Magnum
by Multi-Tool. 06/09/24 04:20 PM
Browning AB3 Hunter 30-06
by pvillehunter. 06/09/24 04:09 PM
FS- CZ Pistol
by Jotjackson. 06/09/24 03:47 PM
Hunting Camp Camper
by billrv. 06/09/24 12:40 PM
Serious Deer Talk
New Tracking Rules
by treemydog. 06/09/24 09:26 PM
Feeders and Hogs
by PYhunter. 06/09/24 10:27 AM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by 2 ducks. 06/08/24 07:48 PM
Permission to retrieve deer
by Coosa1. 06/08/24 08:20 AM
Fawn Predation
by Big Bore. 06/07/24 10:57 PM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Diamond Mountain Club
by Stoney. 06/09/24 08:30 PM
Hunting Club Jefferson/Tuscaloosa Line
by Austin1. 06/07/24 09:08 PM
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Who's Online Now
112 registered members (lpman, imadeerhntr, blade, treemydog, jwyatt, RCHRR, BCLC, johnv, ucmducks, rwh1, apolloslade, Sgiles, AL18, baitstop, 3bailey3, jellyhead11, Brent, doublefistful, MTeague, mikewhandley, foldemup, CNC, PastorJack, CAL, auman, Tall Dog, Booner Hunter, GATA87, mzzy, catdoctor, Mike32, clayk, deerkiller25, specialk, DThrash, farmerjay, Longtine, outdoorguy88, Fishduck, Gobble4me757, BearBranch, Butchman205, Atoler, HappyHunter, M48scout, AJones, abamadude, Floorman1, GUT_SHOT, oldbowhunter, 380jeff, Treelimb, Dubie, rutwad, sportrep, D.C., jake5050, Turkeyneck78, cartervj, jwalker77, AU coonhunter, ImThere, leroyb, Jotjackson, Cfh76, Moose24, Mbrock, Moss, alhawk, Frankie, jeffhhub, Thread Killer, Remington270, Bcleck90, Squeaky, rblaker, Jay512, BobK, Ben2, ShootemupTex, jhardy, SuperSpike, Woody1, 2walnuts, TDog93, BuckRidge17, Chaser357, furnfeather, Whild_Bill, Bandit635, laylandad, jbatey1, Buck2020, GHTiger10, Turkey_neck, Bows4evr, oakachoy, Chiller, sw1002, MAG, mossyback, IDOT, Dog, 9 invisible), 671 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: ikillbux] #2747596
02/25/19 11:48 AM
02/25/19 11:48 AM
Your mom’s house
doekiller Offline
Freak of Nature
doekiller  Offline
Freak of Nature
Your mom’s house
Originally Posted by ikillbux
Most problems are not the insurance company's fault. Most of them can be lumped under the category of "a general public who has no idea what insurance is or how it works". And I'm not being a smart-alec, heck I wouldn't know either except I do it for a living. I work for a smaller insurance company in the grand scheme of things, but even we have a few hundred thousand clients, millions of policies, and tens of millions of transactions. "Stuff" happens, you cannot transact that much business and be absolutely pinpoint perfect with every detail of it. And again, we're a smallish "regional" company who's employees actually work for us (many national brands hire independent inspectors and adjusters who may live hours from you and know NOTHING about your specifics), our employees live in your communities, go to church with you, know you personally, and still we screw stuff up. No excuses, just an explanation. The scope of the business is exceedingly bigger than you understand.

I meet with clients every day, many who are aged adults who've had insurance their whole lives, and very few / if any know what any of the numbers mean, what is / isn't covered, and just in general have a very skewed idea about what insurance even is. Most have this mental picture of a maintenance plan that should cover any conceivable loss, regardless of fault or logic. The majority of people don't even know what a deductible is. Seriously, I'm not joking. Insurance policies are named peril typically (meaning they literally tell you it only covers the following causes of loss), but even the most comprehensive policies only cover "sudden and accidental physical damage". 99.999% of the things you think an insurance company is screwing you about is because what REALLY caused your loss wasn't listed as a covered peril, and/or wasn't sudden and accidental. And NO, NO, NO, NO, they don't purposefully write limitations into the policy to screw you, they write them into the policy because claimants constantly, constantly, constantly, try to file claims on "ambiguous" causes of loss. Most of the policy language comes from trying to be legally precise defining the named perils. Such as "rot". Rot isn't covered, how on earth can rot be "sudden and accidental"? Well, did your plumbing leak? Yes. Okay, was it a workmanship issue? (not covered, THAT'S the contractor's responsibility) Was it just because it got old? (that's normal wear and tear, it's not a maintenance policy) Was it because it froze and busted? Okay, THAT is covered. They are just trying to determine what was the original cause of loss, not trying to find any way possible NOT to pay it. It's a proper understanding of what insurance is and how it works. Insurance should frankly be "catastrophic", but we claim every problem that occurs no matter how big or small.

You cannot find a sympathetic jury to an insurance company, so your notion that lawsuits prove they were screwing you is preposterous. I'll try to make this short... Several years back a lady caused a wreck on I-65. She had "full coverage" on her car (I put that in quotes for a reason, I'll come back to it). She had liability limits of $25,000 / $50,000 / $25,000.....this means if she was at-fault in a wreck, her policy would cover up to $25,000 per person for medical injuries / not to exceed $50,000 for medical injuries total for that wreck / and then up to $25,000 for property damage. (incidentally, this is the state minimum requirements, and probably the most common limits people carry because they "want the cheapest thing I can get", and/or because it's what freakin' Progressive and GEICO quote so they can look cheaper than who you have now) She had comprehensive and collision coverage (this is the "full coverage" part) with $1,000 deductibles. (For what it's worth, this was with State Farm) I do not remember the exact details, but as the story goes she somehow caused a car hauler to overturn, some cars got over the concrete median into oncoming traffic, and they also knocked down some type of big digital scrolling marquee across the interstate. Um, approx. $3 million total damages including fatalities. 3 MILLION!!!!!, and she had $25K/$50K/$25K
So State Farm pays out the full limits of her policy, pats her on the butt and wishes her luck. She sues State Farm because she was told by her agent that she has FULL COVERAGE, (her words) meaning any wreck she has is fully covered!!!! Daheck??? You can't find a sympathetic jury to an insurance company, remember? They sided with her, State Farm was to pay $3MIL (not sure where the story went from there). It's just like liberals who hate rich folks. State Farm has BILLIONS of dollars, they should've practiced "good customer service" and paid that claim, right? Why?...because they were contractually in the wrong, or because the public views insurance companies the same way liberals view rich folks? That story, even if in an unusually grand way, illustrates what we deal with every, freakin, day, nonstop, but we're the bad guys.

I can promise you that case didn't stand up on appeal.

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: FreeBird75] #2747642
02/25/19 12:39 PM
02/25/19 12:39 PM
Bham
D
Dallas County Offline
Booner
Dallas County  Offline
Booner
D
Bham
Out of the two insurance agents on this thread; anyone want to wage a bet on which one gets the most business referrals? smile

not sure what the best way to handle them is but they shouldnt be on tv and gettn married and raisin kids

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: ikillbux] #2747709
02/25/19 01:59 PM
02/25/19 01:59 PM
Winfield
R
rst87 Offline
8 point
rst87  Offline
8 point
R
Winfield
Most problems are not the insurance company's fault. Most of them can be lumped under the category of "a general public who has no idea what insurance is or how it works". And I'm not being a smart-alec, heck I wouldn't know either except I do it for a living. I work for a smaller insurance company in the grand scheme of things, but even we have a few hundred thousand clients, millions of policies, and tens of millions of transactions. "Stuff" happens, you cannot transact that much business and be absolutely pinpoint perfect with every detail of it. And again, we're a smallish "regional" company who's employees actually work for us (many national brands hire independent inspectors and adjusters who may live hours from you and know NOTHING about your specifics), our employees live in your communities, go to church with you, know you personally, and still we screw stuff up. No excuses, just an explanation. The scope of the business is exceedingly bigger than you understand.

I meet with clients every day, many who are aged adults who've had insurance their whole lives, and very few / if any know what any of the numbers mean, what is / isn't covered, and just in general have a very skewed idea about what insurance even is. Most have this mental picture of a maintenance plan that should cover any conceivable loss, regardless of fault or logic. The majority of people don't even know what a deductible is. Seriously, I'm not joking. Insurance policies are named peril typically (meaning they literally tell you it only covers the following causes of loss), but even the most comprehensive policies only cover "sudden and accidental physical damage". 99.999% of the things you think an insurance company is screwing you about is because what REALLY caused your loss wasn't listed as a covered peril, and/or wasn't sudden and accidental. And NO, NO, NO, NO, they don't purposefully write limitations into the policy to screw you, they write them into the policy because claimants constantly, constantly, constantly, try to file claims on "ambiguous" causes of loss. Most of the policy language comes from trying to be legally precise defining the named perils. Such as "rot". Rot isn't covered, how on earth can rot be "sudden and accidental"? Well, did your plumbing leak? Yes. Okay, was it a workmanship issue? (not covered, THAT'S the contractor's responsibility) Was it just because it got old? (that's normal wear and tear, it's not a maintenance policy) Was it because it froze and busted? Okay, THAT is covered. They are just trying to determine what was the original cause of loss, not trying to find any way possible NOT to pay it. It's a proper understanding of what insurance is and how it works. Insurance should frankly be "catastrophic", but we claim every problem that occurs no matter how big or small.

You cannot find a sympathetic jury to an insurance company, so your notion that lawsuits prove they were screwing you is preposterous. I'll try to make this short... Several years back a lady caused a wreck on I-65. She had "full coverage" on her car (I put that in quotes for a reason, I'll come back to it). She had liability limits of $25,000 / $50,000 / $25,000.....this means if she was at-fault in a wreck, her policy would cover up to $25,000 per person for medical injuries / not to exceed $50,000 for medical injuries total for that wreck / and then up to $25,000 for property damage. (incidentally, this is the state minimum requirements, and probably the most common limits people carry because they "want the cheapest thing I can get", and/or because it's what freakin' Progressive and GEICO quote so they can look cheaper than who you have now) She had comprehensive and collision coverage (this is the "full coverage" part) with $1,000 deductibles. (For what it's worth, this was with State Farm) I do not remember the exact details, but as the story goes she somehow caused a car hauler to overturn, some cars got over the concrete median into oncoming traffic, and they also knocked down some type of big digital scrolling marquee across the interstate. Um, approx. $3 million total damages including fatalities. 3 MILLION!!!!!, and she had $25K/$50K/$25K
So State Farm pays out the full limits of her policy, pats her on the butt and wishes her luck. She sues State Farm because she was told by her agent that she has FULL COVERAGE, (her words) meaning any wreck she has is fully covered!!!! Daheck??? You can't find a sympathetic jury to an insurance company, remember? They sided with her, State Farm was to pay $3MIL (not sure where the story went from there). It's just like liberals who hate rich folks. State Farm has BILLIONS of dollars, they should've practiced "good customer service" and paid that claim, right? Why?...because they were contractually in the wrong, or because the public views insurance companies the same way liberals view rich folks? That story, even if in an unusually grand way, illustrates what we deal with every, freakin, day, nonstop, but we're the bad guys.

Referring to the 25/50/25 what do you recommend people should have?

"Life is hard; It's harder if you're stupid" John Wayne
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: Dallas County] #2747770
02/25/19 03:00 PM
02/25/19 03:00 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Originally Posted by Dallas County
Out of the two insurance agents on this thread; anyone want to wage a bet on which one gets the most business referrals? smile

i dont think brandon is an agent

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: Dallas County] #2747827
02/25/19 04:16 PM
02/25/19 04:16 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL

I don't advertise on this site, I don't solicit on this site. Brandon and I work differently... He represents multiple companies (like an independent agency), he can/will write your insurance all over the state sight-unseen. It's important for him to be warm and pleasant and winsome, he actually hopes and intends to obtain your business. I am required to personally inspect your property if I'm going to write your insurance, with very few exceptions I only write your insurance within a reasonable driving distance from my office. It isn't my intent to be offensive, I'm just being blunt. I'm not on this site to sell insurance, if I was you'd think I was the least opinionated person in the world. The one thing you CANNOT have if you're operating as a salesman is an opinion. Heck I know that. Always be nice, always agree, always be selling. Keep your political opinions off Facebook, don't do anything , anywhere, to offend anyone. I don't have that pressure on here. I'm just a guy that knows something about insurance, giving you a perspective from behind the curtain. Let's not be naïve here, all I'm really doing is saying what YOUR insurance agent really thinks, but can't say. Seriously, I've done this profession for slightly over 18 years now, consistently running in the top 25% of my company's producers. I actually wouldn't advertise on this site for the exact purpose that I couldn't be real. Seriously, think about that. There's nobody on the face of the planet who doesn't have an opinion about SOMETHING!! But if I was on here worried about any of y'all considering me for your insurance agent, I literally couldn't risk ever participating on a thread. I just couldn't, it's too risky. Heck, it pisses off half the people on here if you just simply say you ought not kill a spike. Then the other half hates you if you say kill whatever you want to. And we ain't even talking about insurance!!! See what I mean? NO opinion about ANYthing. I'm a real human who sells insurance, I don't always agree with you.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: FreeBird75] #2747857
02/25/19 05:00 PM
02/25/19 05:00 PM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
I'll add that I'm not a private sector risk / loss inspector that inspects residential dwellings. I inspect things like ventilation systems at the bottom of interstate tunnels. Multi million dollar football stadiums. College campuses. Irreplaceable historical buildings. Switch gear equipment. Pumps that pull salt water from the gulf to research centers. These pumps sit at the bottom of a 6' x 6' concrete caisson some forty feet below ground. Correctional facilities. Just to name a few things and I've never been injured from doing this. tired

Except this one time I was inspecting a county public school system a couple of years ago. It was in the middle of July and not much going on at the school. As I was walking by some vehicles in the parking lot a Lab puppy came running towards me wagging his tail and all so I stopped and petted him. Then all the sudden a bigger Lab came towards us maybe his dad I don't know but he wasn't as happy to see me as the pup. As I started to walk away the damn dog bit me on the hand. Must have hit a heart vein or something cause I starred bleeding like crazy. Went to the car and fixed me up from the first aid kit. After that day I started carrying mace in my safety vest. Oh I've been stung by red, guinea wasp and yellow jackets many times. lol laugh

Y'all be safe ! thumbup

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: goodman_hunter] #2747859
02/25/19 05:05 PM
02/25/19 05:05 PM
Bham
D
Dallas County Offline
Booner
Dallas County  Offline
Booner
D
Bham
Originally Posted by goodman_hunter

i dont think brandon is an agent
Then there are a lot people on here in a lot of trouble, because he's done run off with all our premiums!!

not sure what the best way to handle them is but they shouldnt be on tv and gettn married and raisin kids

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: rst87] #2747917
02/25/19 06:15 PM
02/25/19 06:15 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by rst87

Always a good question. So we'd say that 25/50/25 makes you legal, but wouldn't be very sufficient coverage for many accidents (back when I started, the minimum limits were 20/40/10)....there's a heckuva lot a cars on the road that $25,000 wouldn't replace (maybe not ever repair), especially if you damaged multiple vehicles and/or other property. Really, liability is the inexpensive portion of your policy, often you can increase to next limit up for literally maybe $5/mo difference. Common choices would be 50/100/50, 100/300/100, 250/500/100, maybe even 500CSL (combined single limit, just a lump $500K for everything). I wouldn't want to choose for you, so we'd maybe print off the cost difference in all those options, then help you make a decision. I did a sit-down review with a client today, we raised her 4 cars from 50/100/50 to 100/300/100 and her overall monthly payment went up less than $9.

I sometimes say, "My luck, if I cause a wreck, I'm gonna pull out in front of car hauler full of brand new Mercedes, that overturns into a school bus, causing a fiery crash." Far fetched, but it could happen. I personally carry 250/500/250.

Incidentally, I'd also tell you to bump up the liability and medical on your house insurance. Usually $100,000 liability and $1,000 medical is the minimum. You can go to $300,000 and $5,000 for maybe $15-$20 a year (depending on company). $500,000 and $10,000 is maybe $25 a year. Definitely worth it, especially if you have a pool or acreage.

Last edited by ikillbux; 02/25/19 06:19 PM.

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: FreeBird75] #2747925
02/25/19 06:21 PM
02/25/19 06:21 PM
Chelsea, AL
straycat Offline
Old Mossy Horns
straycat  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Chelsea, AL
I do a lot of work that involves insurance (property coverage, commercial general liability and professional E&O). Insurance is great when you need it normally, but I agree that most people don't understand it as good as they should. I also know that not all insurance companies and/or adjusters do what they should either. For every 3 people trying to get a non-covered item covered, there is at least 1 adjuster shorting coverage and payments to save the insurance company money on their first pass. I see this ALL THE TIME on claims. That doesn't sit well with me. Claims should be legitimate first. For any covered claim the insurance company's first pass should be the best pass because it is right, fair and equitable.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: rst87] #2747929
02/25/19 06:26 PM
02/25/19 06:26 PM
Jasper, AL
J
joshm28 Offline
14 point
joshm28  Offline
14 point
J
Jasper, AL
Originally Posted by rst87

I carry $8M on my company truck lol. There’s a couple of my customers that require $5m just to drive your vehicle on their property.

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: straycat] #2747954
02/25/19 06:54 PM
02/25/19 06:54 PM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by straycat
I do a lot of work that involves insurance (property coverage, commercial general liability and professional E&O). Insurance is great when you need it normally, but I agree that most people don't understand it as good as they should. I also know that not all insurance companies and/or adjusters do what they should either. For every 3 people trying to get a non-covered item covered, there is at least 1 adjuster shorting coverage and payments to save the insurance company money on their first pass. I see this ALL THE TIME on claims. That doesn't sit well with me. Claims should be legitimate first. For any covered claim the insurance company's first pass should be the best pass because it is right, fair and equitable.

Usually when I see this, what's really happening is the customer has an "ACV" policy (or it's some sort of subjective settlement) and the adjuster is using depreciation, then it turns into a disagreement, and ultimately the adjuster pays more money. It's really difficult to have a situation like that on "Replacement Cost" real property claims. But I've also seen newbie adjusters (or just careless) adjusters totally overlook things that should've been included. It's always sketchy when you have these independent adjusters who have no real concern for the company or the customer.

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: FreeBird75] #2747961
02/25/19 07:05 PM
02/25/19 07:05 PM
Helena
3toe Offline
Talking Turkey
3toe  Offline
Talking Turkey
Helena
I've worked in auto insurance claims for 26 yrs. I quit answering these threads because apparently AOC knows more than I do when it comes to how things work. I really do wish we had time to go over every claim and short pay/screw people as most think. We would make a bazillion dollars. Oh, we get paid salary in claims, not commission on what we save by screwing you. Figured some folks may wonder how we get paid.

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: Dallas County] #2748119
02/25/19 09:46 PM
02/25/19 09:46 PM
dothan
eskimo270 Offline
10 point
eskimo270  Offline
10 point
dothan

One of them knows every dadgum thing, so I don’t think I could do business with him

Super Predator
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: eskimo270] #2748202
02/25/19 11:35 PM
02/25/19 11:35 PM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
Originally Posted by eskimo270

One of them knows every dadgum thing, so I don’t think I could do business with him

DC could have just asked which one seems like a decent guy or which one would be most likely to make a sweet little old lady throat punch them.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: ikillbux] #2748230
02/26/19 05:39 AM
02/26/19 05:39 AM
Lickskillet, AL
Irishguy Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Irishguy  Offline
a.k.a. Dingle Johnson
Lickskillet, AL
Always a good question. So we'd say that 25/50/25 makes you legal, but wouldn't be very sufficient coverage for many accidents (back when I started, the minimum limits were 20/40/10)....there's a heckuva lot a cars on the road that $25,000 wouldn't replace (maybe not ever repair), especially if you damaged multiple vehicles and/or other property. Really, liability is the inexpensive portion of your policy, often you can increase to next limit up for literally maybe $5/mo difference. Common choices would be 50/100/50, 100/300/100, 250/500/100, maybe even 500CSL (combined single limit, just a lump $500K for everything). I wouldn't want to choose for you, so we'd maybe print off the cost difference in all those options, then help you make a decision. I did a sit-down review with a client today, we raised her 4 cars from 50/100/50 to 100/300/100 and her overall monthly payment went up less than $9.

I sometimes say, "My luck, if I cause a wreck, I'm gonna pull out in front of car hauler full of brand new Mercedes, that overturns into a school bus, causing a fiery crash." Far fetched, but it could happen. I personally carry 250/500/250.

Incidentally, I'd also tell you to bump up the liability and medical on your house insurance. Usually $100,000 liability and $1,000 medical is the minimum. You can go to $300,000 and $5,000 for maybe $15-$20 a year (depending on company). $500,000 and $10,000 is maybe $25 a year. Definitely worth it, especially if you have a pool or acreage.

For what it's worth... I actually have some of my insurance with through Brandon as does my Dad. I had trouble getting insurance on my cabin because it has been under construction for 3 years... and my Dad had trouble getting car insurance, because he's 85. Brandon helped us out.

All that said...

I really appreciate your contribution to this thread and your honestly and forthrightness. It is refreshing to hear it from a salesman/insurance agent. In general I would rather do business with someone who told me the hard truth straight up as opposed to someone pumping sunshine up my ass.

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: eskimo270] #2748282
02/26/19 07:58 AM
02/26/19 07:58 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by eskimo270

Eskimo, if there's one thing you are, it's consistent. I still love ya thumbup

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: FreeBird75] #2748317
02/26/19 08:24 AM
02/26/19 08:24 AM
Jasper, AL
J
joshm28 Offline
14 point
joshm28  Offline
14 point
J
Jasper, AL
IKILLBUX, you said something in one of your post that bothered me. You said you don’t solicit business on here because you couldn’t be REAL. I’m dead serious when I say you should go back and reflect on that. I have several friends in all manner of sales and they are who they are 100% of the time.

I’m in industrial sales. I actually have several customers who visit this site. I would be highly upset to even think I was a different person when I was selling something vs my Personal time. I don’t like to brag either but I was Salesman of the year for a Global Fortune 500 Company 3 years in a row (I was the best in the Western Hemisphere) I didn’t do that but putting on a “sales persona”. I did it by being myself, good or bad. I state my opinion, in a respectful way and even question my customers. Being who I am let’s me earn my spot at the customers table to be an consultant instead of a peddler of goods.

I’m serious buddy. Rethink your approach and embrace who you are at work or elsewhere.

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: joshm28] #2748406
02/26/19 10:21 AM
02/26/19 10:21 AM
Anniston, AL
ikillbux Offline
ishootatbux
ikillbux  Offline
ishootatbux
Anniston, AL
Originally Posted by joshm28
IKILLBUX, you said something in one of your post that bothered me. You said you don’t solicit business on here because you couldn’t be REAL. I’m dead serious when I say you should go back and reflect on that. I have several friends in all manner of sales and they are who they are 100% of the time.

I’m in industrial sales. I actually have several customers who visit this site. I would be highly upset to even think I was a different person when I was selling something vs my Personal time. I don’t like to brag either but I was Salesman of the year for a Global Fortune 500 Company 3 years in a row (I was the best in the Western Hemisphere) I didn’t do that but putting on a “sales persona”. I did it by being myself, good or bad. I state my opinion, in a respectful way and even question my customers. Being who I am let’s me earn my spot at the customers table to be an consultant instead of a peddler of goods.

I’m serious buddy. Rethink your approach and embrace who you are at work or elsewhere.

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH, JUST DON'T ALWAYS BE TELLING IT. That's all I meant.

We don't see it differently, you and I completely agree about that. In fact, when I wrote that I actually deleted it for fear of someone thinking exactly what you said, but then I put it back in there because I don't mean something that deep by it. I'm saying you took it deeper and differently than what I actually mean. I'm not different in person than I am on here , but never am I engaged in conversations of opinion in the context of my job either. For the most part, the stuff we toss around and debate on here are just matters of opinion, some things of which can be argumentative and offensive to each other. Seriously, I'm not gonna be meeting with a client or prospect about their insurance and then delve into their religious theology, or ask them what they think about shooting small bucks, or tell them how stupid they are for liking a certain political candidate. THAT's what I meant when I said "I don't have to be flowery on here", I can give you my real opinion without worrying "Dang, this guy's my customer, I better not disagree with him". Always tell the truth, just don't always be telling it. It's not a fake persona, it's a different arena. We talk about things on this message board that aren't related to my sales job, and in the context of my client/prospect relationships, I wouldn't be so "candid" with them IF that topic did come up. I'm much more guarded on Facebook, for example, because many of my clients are friends with me on there. I'm fun-loving and a cut up, but I try to avoid being controversial, it's bad business. My remark wasn't meant to say, "I don't want y'alls business, so screw off, I'll say offensive crap just for the heck of it!" I'm simply saying, IF I was an advertiser on here, IF I expected to earn your business, I would behave much more guarded on here. You probably wouldn't know my opinion on most things, I'd give a courtesy "thumbs up" to the things you celebrate (even if I didn't agree). That's just smart business etiquette, not a fake persona. I didn't come to this site with a motive to prospect business, I was drawn to the conversations in the forums.

I am friends with lots of the members on here in daily life. I actually have sold insurance to some members on here. I think we all form perspectives of who each other is based on nothing but the crap we write in these forums. I believe most of us are a heckuva lot more winsome in real life than we are on here, and again that's because you don't really have conversations in real life like we have on here.

Last edited by ikillbux; 02/26/19 10:59 AM.

Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: ikillbux] #2748436
02/26/19 11:08 AM
02/26/19 11:08 AM
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...
Southwood7 Offline
Booner
Southwood7  Offline
Booner
Past Ol’ man Finley’s plac...

I don't advertise on this site, I don't solicit on this site. Brandon and I work differently... He represents multiple companies (like an independent agency), he can/will write your insurance all over the state sight-unseen. It's important for him to be warm and pleasant and winsome, he actually hopes and intends to obtain your business.

I’ve known brandon for a long time and he’s warm and pleasant because that’s who he is. I’m sure that helps him sell insurance but it’s not an act for Aldeer. Heck, people know he’s a corn dog eating LSU fan that hates Alabama football and they still do business with him 😀

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Job 33:4
Re: Homeowners insurance canceled because I have dogs [Re: Southwood7] #2748454
02/26/19 11:28 AM
02/26/19 11:28 AM
Opelika
N
noeyeddeer Offline
6 point
noeyeddeer  Offline
6 point
N
Opelika
Originally Posted by Southwood7

I don't advertise on this site, I don't solicit on this site. Brandon and I work differently... He represents multiple companies (like an independent agency), he can/will write your insurance all over the state sight-unseen. It's important for him to be warm and pleasant and winsome, he actually hopes and intends to obtain your business.

I’ve known brandon for a long time and he’s warm and pleasant because that’s who he is. I’m sure that helps him sell insurance but it’s not an act for Aldeer. Heck, people know he’s a corn dog eating LSU fan that hates Alabama football and they still do business with him 😀

WHAT... I'm gonna call to cancel all our policies today. I can't have no corndog representing me...

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.