People have the screwiest understanding of insurance. What you're really saying is "take my money, don't ask me no questions, and don't look." That ain't how it works. The insurance company calls all the shots, they hold all the cards, because they assume ALL THE RISK. I love when people bow their chest and tell me they're gonna just change companies because they don't like something I tell them. I'm like, "LOL, call me back next month when they do the SAME THING!!!" If I lose 10 customers a month because of situations like this, I gain 11 from other companies for the exact same reasons.

It's easy to understand the same concept with auto insurance. Some drivers are higher risks, they get a higher price, some can't get insurance at all.....and the SAME is true for every type of insurance. Consider life insurance, a 50yr old 300 pound diabetic isn't gonna get the same policy or price as the 25yr old marathon runner. And they way y'all are acting about this house insurance thing is essentially like demanding that an insurance company ask no questions, and charge everybody the same price. Yeah, that's called Obamacare, how's that workin for ya???

I feel like a broken record, it's ALL statistics based. Missing railings, unfenced pools, aggressive dogs, old roofs, exposed wood on your eaves, all those kinds of things are higher risks. Don't get your panties wadded up when your insurance folks ask you to fix it, or else they won't give you insurance.

And yes, I understand that you often get a letter in the mail that seems like they've jumped to conclusions. I wish I had a solution for that, I don't. I'm just saying, stop bristling like they've talked bad about your mama. Quit taking it personally and emotionally. Your insurance company isn't being "mean" to you.

Last edited by ikillbux; 02/24/19 12:30 PM.

We were on the edge of Eternia, when the power of Greyskull began to take hold.