I don't think that the 336 mount on my Yildiz is ever likely to move; William not only tapped the monoblock, but he used epoxy on it as well. Gonna take something serious to ever move it. I have another sxs with the rib section of the monoblock tapped, but it is easily removable. Your concerns might apply to it, but I have not seen any evidence that it's moved. Two size 8 screws into a steel receiver seems to me like that oughta be enough to hold a one ounce sight in place, but anything can go wrong.

I tell you what can absolutely go wrong with a scope or red dot sight that is mounted well above the bore - you can have the dot right on the turkey and put the entire load into a limb or a log that is in line with the bore. I have not one, but 2 trophies for pulling off that stunt. smile

I wish my eyes would still focus on the front bead well enough to just use a fiber optic, but I guess those days are gone. I didn't have to worry about sight issues in those days, and I think anyone who can see well enough is better off to forget electronic sights.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.