Originally Posted by abolt300
I'm pretty sure there is something related to the antlers having a certain maximum size on the robo deer. You could put a set of 200" typical sheds on a robo deer and write tickets to a whole bunch of normally 100% law-abidding citizens. I was told one time, right or wrong, that if they are setting up the decoy, they use a typical Bama 8 pt because they are supposed to be targeting the outlaw road and night hunters and not trying to tempt the normal law abiding citizen into breaking the law. Some of the GWs or the ex GWs could probably chime in on this.
Not that I had extensive conversation with him about it, but a friend of mine who is a game warden had one of them in his garage at one time and I remember it being a very average buck so there is probably truth to that mentality. It makes sense at least.

Maybe an otherwise law abiding hunter that got ticketed for shooting at a 200" fake deer at night would have better luck asserting an entrapment defense as opposed to poaching a 80-90" buck laugh Maybe if the judge was a deer hunter...and a little off his rocker lol