Originally Posted by Goatkiller
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
Originally Posted by 1bamashooter
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I’ve trained with the worlds greatest soldiers and I have neen baffled by how some folk who never picked up a gun can become some of the worlds greatest marksman (following instruction) and some folk who handled guns all their life were forever mediocre, then there were those who just could not shoot well.

It's hard to break folks of bad habits if they dont have habits you can teach them the proper habits its amazing to witness too

This. I'm sure an instructor would go nuts trying to break me of all of my bad shooting habits. A good friend of mine's daughter is a flat out killer at long range, and has been dropping deer in their tracks out to 500 yards from the day she started hunting. He bought her a 7-08 which she doesn't use. She always wants to use daddy's 30-378 Weatherby magnum. I told him he will have to just give her that gun.

That's awesome. This sounds like a kid after my own heart.. Shooting a 30-378. I am going to guess she is not recoil adverse. To be fair I'm guessing she isn't shooting 50 rounds either, but.....

Look at it this way... a 3" 12 gauge has 50+ lbs of recoil. The 30-378 has just over 40. Most people complain about a 30-06 which has about 20.

Reconcile all that in your head and get back to me.

Recoil.... psh! Your poor shoulder.

The gun has a muzzle brake, as all Mark V rifles in that chambering now come with a brake. She's about 5'-4" and 110 lbs. If the gun didn't have a brake it would probably knock her down. I've shot the rifle quite a lot myself and it's a very manageable rifle with the brake, just wear some hearing protection!

I read an article a while back about Phil Shoemaker's daughter, Tia, and a custom rifle built for her by D'arcy Echols. It's a compact, lightweight 416 Remington magnum, without a brake. It weighs in at 8 lbs, fully loaded and scoped. I would be scared of that gun...

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe