Originally Posted by Standbanger
Shaw has the correct response

I'll respectfully disagree. Dodge/Ram is all I have driven for almost 30 years. With the exception of the 2nd gen Dakota, they have all been really good trucks. I have driven several of them over 200,000 miles with no major issues and very few minor ones. I traded my last 1500 at 245,000 miles in 2013. I still see it around town occasionally. It's a 2004 4x4.

In that same 30 years I have watched friends with fords have catastrophic engine failures among others and chevys have a multitude of major problems.. I also have a friend who had problems with a dodge, but he treats his equipment like a rented mule. He has problems with everything that he drives.

We currently have 2 Ram pickups, a 1500 and a 2500, both 2016 models. Very happy with both.

I'm not saying that some folks don't have problems with all brands of pickups. I'm saying that I have way more experience with Dodge/Ram than most, and I just haven't seen it. If they suck that bad, you would think that since 1987, owning and driving 12 of them would have revealed a problem or two.