Well I'm glad some of you guys share the same sentiments. Thank you. You sometimes fell like a lone voice. But a lot of Alabama's hunters are getting smarter. And that's where it at. Some folks just need education. And this not all about 💰. I think many of us wouldn't oppose paying serious money for serious hunting. I am fortunate to hunt Family land in Illinois and as you know if you have done much hunting there it doesn't typically take very much land or an awful lot of time to close the deal on a nice deer. But I truly enjoy Alabama deer hunting and have taken some decent deer here. I don't have all the answers on how to move forward. If we could somehow convince some of our hunters to control their trigger finger it would make a huge difference. Me and 14 others shared 2500 acres this past season. We harvested 12 bucks and 5 does. Yes, we do need step up the doe harvest. But of the 12 bucks taken 11 were between 50 and 85 inches. That's beyond pathetic! One excuse after another. Didn't have much time to judge, wanted to get something for my money, bla, bla,bla ! And this goes on everywhere in our State. Yes there are some people doing better but there is still a lot of this kill em all mentality out there.

Last edited by Racksrus; 02/17/19 02:31 PM.