A lite fast action shotgun is in order. Rabbit's will be anywhere from 20 yards to 200 yards behind the dogs. A lot of that depends on how good they are. If the checks(when they loose the rabbit) are over 30 seconds, look for the rabbit to be further behind the dogs. Most beginners make the mistake of wanting to chase the dogs. Don't! Get where the dogs jumped and wait there, 99% of the time he'll circle back, unless he's been out whore hopping, and then he'll go back to his home range. With all the rain, rubber boots are in order. Your not going to hear the rabbit, keep your head on a swivel. Don't forget to lead the rabbit when you shoot, just like dove hunting. Just because you shoot, and he don't roll, doesn't mean he wont die. I shot all the guts out a swamper one time and he still run 30 yards. Your in for a good time, i'm jealous. 12 guys are a lot. Wear orange. Know where the other guys are. DON'T SHOOT THE MANS DOGS! Most important. Be safe, a rabbit ain't worth shooting someone over. I like high brass #6, more so to get thru thick brush. It doesn't take much to kill a rabbit. BTW, chaps or briar britches along with a jacket with gamebag, or vest is a must. Good luck. I want pictures.