When I get a group like this, I just grab a beer and call it an afternoon... I like to stop practicing on a good note when I feel like it's all coming together. I'm starting to get them all in the 9" paper plate more than not. This group is both eyes open, simply focused on the dot in the middle, and a nice release. 20 yards. My $81 Ebay 40# PSE Nighthawk recurve shooting 30" Chinese .500 spine carbon arrows with 125 grain field points and 3 - 4" turkey feather fletchings. I think I've got the arrows dialed in. I added a little weight up front and it has helped. That and culling out arrows that consistently are flyers. Feeling pretty good and enjoying the heck out of shooting. I think I'm ready to grab a 3D target and start moving around to different elevations, distances and angles.

For reference that center circle is 2".

I have a 50# Martin takedown recurve coming next week that I picked up for a hell of a deal. Next step is to work up to that and it will become my hunting bow. I think I can drop my points down to 100 grain and use the same shafts.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Irishguy; 01/18/19 06:56 PM.