BC I can see that you are offended by something or someone has rubbed you the wrong way in the past, but literally I grew up mainly hunting by myself and never really had anyone to really talk much deer hunting with over the years and thats why when I found this page years ago, I just enjoyed reading the daily threads and experiencing everyones excitement and joy from this side of the phone, so I decided to post a thread. I have many, many, many deer under my belt. I have a 152” 10 point from Talladega county I scouted for early season and finally took him in December, BEFORE the rut, sitting on a stump, because I played all the variables correctly, and the stump was literally the only place to sit and that has been the most gratifying kill of my hunting career, so I have taught myself quite a bit from trial and error. I never had anyone whatsoever take me out to the woods and show me what to look for when it comes to trails and food sources, and bedding areas. The ones that did invite me to their clubs, just stuck me on some food plot or cutover no one ever hunted, and yes I killed many bucks but didnt learn anything. I learned to walk to a stand, shooting house or whatever and just wait.

What I love about hunting, its continuously changing (much like everything else) and I love to increase my knowledge of whatever it is I am pssionate about. I love golf, and there are COUNTLESS ways to play the game just like hunting. I have a 2.8 handicap and most people would say, dont change a thing, but I love trying new things just like hunting, (heck im not getting paid to do either so whats it going to hurt) and hunting thick stuff is extremely new to me and I didnt realize I didnt know half about hunting that I thought I knew, at least when it pertains to changing up tactics and habitats. Its been a learning year for me and I was literally making a “serious deer hunting” conversation and your opinion is greatly appreciated if it pertains to the thread subject but Im sure most people would appreciate it if you would just keep your first assumption pessimistic comments to yourself. Not just for this post but others.