Originally Posted by cdub2407
No was actually just st getting thoughts and making conversation. Trust me I love hunting open areas and seeing a long ways but it didnt prepare me for actually getting in a bucks bedroom and possibly taking him at another time of the year than the rut when most people seem to take their bucks.

We get these type thread a lot. It's worse during turkey season when noobs that have 10 birds under their belt show up and tell turkey hunters around here that kill 15 birds a year in multiple states that they aren't doing it right if they don't call them up to within 3 feet. Just gets old after you've read 40-50 of them.

Sorry...... nothing personal. I just subscribe to the theory that you should hunt the way you enjoy as long as it's lawful and not have to worry about people looking down their nose at you. I've killed them in cutovers, shooting houses, greenfields, and looking them dead in the eye in a thicket a rabbit might think twice about entering, and I just don't look down my nose at anyone and tell them they aren't "hunting". The President of my club and my Dad like to pull up to areas and watch out the truck window. Not my bag but they seem to enjoy it, and I'd love to see someone tell my dad he wasn't "hunting" by doing it. He's 70 years old and that guy has killed more bucks than CWD lol.

"Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters."

-- Archibald Rutledge