Originally Posted by abolt300
Pelosi told Trump that he needed to cancel or postpone his State of the Union Address due to the government shutdown and she was not scheduling it with the House. Trump waited til this afternoon to respond. Pelosi and 4 fellow democrap senators were supposed to fly on US military aircraft on public relations trip to 3 foreign countries. Trump waited til they boarded the USAF bus for the trip to the tarmac at Andrews AFB and then had the bus stopped and turned around. He cancelled the flight and told her if she'd like to fly commercial on her own dime then feel free to keep her little vacation boondoggle trip scheduled, otherwise get back to the house and start negotiating with him to end the shutdown.

In a curt letter, Trump said her trip has been “postponed.”

“Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” Trump wrote.

He can be crass and I wish he'd stay off of twitter but I dang sure really approve of the way he handled this one

Frickin awesome!!!! thumbup flag

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe