Originally Posted By: bill
I don't know much about qdm or putting doe limits but I imagine the answer lies some where in the middle. Wouldn't matter if we got it perfect we would still find something to complain about. It's what we do.

I don't expect to ever see 20 in a green field again. Don't need to see 20. I'd be happy if my son could see a deer or three at least 50% of the time. I agree that the answer is in the middle, but we are nowhere near there. Good bucks are killed every year. As each year goes by it seems that the average hunter becomes a better steward of wildlife by providing better food and better habitat. That produces better bucks. A deer herd that is below the carrying capacity should remain relatively healthy and produce large racked bucks. If the area you have can provide high quality browse and habitat to easily carry 50 deer per square mile, that area will produce no larger deer than if it had 25 deer per square mile.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14