Here's something to think about. I've been complaining cause we simply are not seeing deer in daylight hours on my lease in Covington county. Not getting too specific but its well over 1,000 acres and only 4 of us hunt it. Pressure is not an issue. We've killed 3 mature bucks, 3 does, 2 hogs. Tracks and sign everywhere so the deer are still there and we're all very experienced hunters and just not seeing them. There is something going on this year in the SE with the deer herds. I live in FL and work just across the AL line so I drive through 20 miles of Eglin AFB property every day, morning and night going to a from work. Eglin allows limited hunting and absolutely no does. I was thinking this morning on the way in that I have not seen a deer on the side of the road in the past 45-60 days morning or night. In a normal year, I'll see 2-3 in each morning driving north and generally 7-12 at night on the way home, bucks and does. Let me stress this point, no does are being killed at Eglin and the majority of the land I am driving through is closed to all hunting. Once again, i have not seen a deer on the way to or from work in the past 2 months. Warm weather, abundant natural browse, good acorn production, EHD, coyotes, who the heck knows but it is not just due to hunting pressure and doe harvest. My opinion is there is something else behind it and I'd sure like to know what it is. The deer just are not moving during daylight hours.