Originally Posted by hallb
Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Just based on what I see on Aldeer, we should a limited bear season in Alabama. Maybe only 5-7 days with limited tags. When do you think that would happen?

Dr. B

They did that in FL - but the season was basically open ended based on filled tags. They ended the season after like 2 days b/c so many were killed so quick. Then the PETA pu**ies complained and all of the sudden the state decided the population of bear did not deem another season. Strange how that happens.

I believe that they should have a short season every year here in florida. Everyone that I talk to that hunts within 2 counties of me has a bear/bears or had one and it just disappeared. I had one about 300 pounds for a lot of the season last year and it just disappeared and have not seen it since. The bear that I had was not afraid of me at all. I could go and feed up at night with corn and check my camera and could hear something moving through the woods really slow around me but never saw anything. The next time I came to check the camera and feed I would not be gone 15 minutes and that bear would be sitting or laying in the corn pile eating. I am pretty certain that what I was hearing moving through the woods was the bear and he was in there eating before I could make it back to the truck.

Last edited by fladeerhntr; 12/31/18 10:47 PM.