Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
We've got 840 acres, we gotta whack um. About 7-8 years ago we were taking 25-30 a year then for a few years about 20 , last couple 12-15 and I think that's right for us. If our doe numbers go up, we'll up our doe harvest again. The liberal season allows you to be flexable. If you need to whack um, whack um, if your numbers are about right slack up a few years. Flexable is good!

I agree that flexible is good, if you have people who actually understand what you're doing. When people in south Marshall county are killing 10 does per year, they don't know their azz from a hat about deer management. I'm all for limited regulations, but for that to work people would have to have the knowledge of how to manage the deer herd, and that's just not the case in most circumstances.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14